Plant Milk · Pulp Recipe
Chocolate Oat Mummy Cupcakes
Indulge in spooktacular sweetness with Chocolate Oat Mummy Cupcakes – a hauntingly delicious treat for Halloween festivities!
For the Cupcakes:
- 200g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150ml oat milk (made with Milky Plant)
- 80ml oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Oat pulp (after processed by Milky Plant)
For the Icing/Decoration:
- 50g dairy-free butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Oat milk - to loosen the icing, as required (made with Milky Plant)
- Sugar eyes (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Separately, combine the oat milk, oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and oat pulp.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold them together until well combined.
- Divide the cupcake batter evenly between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- In a separate bowl, beat the dairy-free butter until it becomes pale and smooth.
- Gradually add the icing sugar to the butter, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and continue to beat until the icing becomes fluffy.
- If needed, add small amounts of milk to the icing until you achieve a soft piping texture.
- Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a flat nozzle (e.g., Wilton 150).
- Pipe a small amount of buttercream on the back of two sugar eyes and stick them onto a cupcake.
- Pipe strips of buttercream all over the cupcake to resemble the bandages of a mummy.