Oat milk has become a popular alternative to dairy milk in recent years, and for good reason. It is a nutritious and sustainable plant-based milk that is easy to make at home. When it comes to making oat milk, using oat groats rather than rolled oats or oat flour has several advantages. Oat groats are the whole oat grain, including the bran, endosperm, and germ. This means they contain more fiber, protein, and other nutrients compared to rolled oats or oat flour. In this blog post, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make oat milk at home using oat groats.
Benefits of using Oat groats to make plant-based milk:
- Nutritional value: Oat groats are a whole grain and contain more fiber, protein, and other nutrients compared to rolled oats or oat flour.
- Creamier texture: Oat groats contain more starches and proteins, which help create a creamier texture compared to using rolled oats or oat flour.
- Less waste: Making oat milk using oat groats produces less waste compared to using rolled oats or oat flour.
- Sustainability: Oat groats are a more sustainable option compared to other plant-based milk alternatives such as almond or soy milk. The production of almond milk requires a significant amount of water, while the production of soy milk contributes to deforestation and the use of pesticides.
- Cost-effective: Using oat groats to make plant milk is also a cost-effective option compared to purchasing pre-made plant-based milk alternatives.
In conclusion, making oat milk at home using oat groats is a simple, nutritious, and sustainable alternative to dairy milk. By following these easy steps, you can enjoy a creamy and delicious plant-based milk at a fraction of the cost of store-bought alternatives. Experiment with different sweeteners and flavorings to create your own unique oat milk flavor, and don't forget to use the leftover pulp for baking or smoothies. Enjoy! If you’re interested in making plant milk at home, you may consider the Milky Plant machine. It’s fast, easy to use and makes no mess.