Nut Milk · Plant Milk
Savor the goodness of our Vegan Pecan Pie—buttery crust, maple-kissed pecans. Simple. Delicious. Irresistible.
- 1 shop-bought 8” pastry case, pre-baked (or make your own)
- 110g vegan butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 120ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 60ml oat milk (freshly made with Milky Plant)
- 240g pecans, chopped
- 100g pecans, unbroken
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until dissolved and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornflour and milk until smooth.
- Add the milk mixture to the maple syrup mixture and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, ensuring they are coated in the mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pastry case, leveling the top.
- Use the unbroken pecans to create a pattern on top of the pie.
- Bake the prepared pie for 35-40 minutes until firm at the edges and slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Once cool, chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream or creme fraiche.