Plant Milk · Pulp Recipe
Halloween Chocolate Pies
Indulge in the spooky deliciousness of Halloween Chocolate Pies and creamy Cashew Chocolate Milk with this easy recipe.
For Cashew Chocolate Milk:
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For Halloween Chocolate Pies:
- 170g dark chocolate
- 230g coconut cream
- Chocolate cashew pulps (after processed by Milky Plant)
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 115g cold dairy-free butter, cut into cubes
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
For Cashew Chocolate Milk:
- Add all the ingredients to the blending compartment. Make sure not to pass the max line.
- Fill up the water tank with clean water.
- Press the start button and wait a couple of minutes for Milky Plant to works its magic.
Making the Pie Crust:
- Place flour, sugar, and salt into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add cold, diced dairy-free butter to the food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until coarse crumbs form with some pea-sized pieces. Stop mixing.
- With the food processor running, add 2-3 tbsp of ice water.
- Pulse just until moist clumps or small dough balls form.
- Remove the dough, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Baking the Pie Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Roll out the chilled pie dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out the dough into the desired shapes for your pies.
- Carefully place the cut-out dough into a muffin pan, forming the pie crusts to cover the bottoms and sides of the muffin cups.
- Lightly brush the pie crusts with milk to promote a golden-brown finish.
- Bake the pie crusts in the preheated oven at 200°C (392°F) for 15 minutes.
- After the initial 15 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (356°F).
- Continue to bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the pie crusts are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Allow the baked pie crusts to cool completely before filling.
Preparing the Chocolate Filling:
- While the pie crusts are cooling, prepare the chocolate filling.
- In a separate bowl, melt 170g of dark chocolate and 230g of coconut cream together. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate cashew pulps to the melted mixture and stir until well combined.
- Set the chocolate filling aside.
Filling the Pie Crusts:
- Once the pie crusts are completely cooled, it's time to fill them.
- Carefully spoon or pour the prepared chocolate filling into each pie crust.
- Fill each pie crust with the chocolate filling to your desired level.
- Ensure that the filling is evenly distributed among all the pie crusts.
- Allow the filled pies to set, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator, until the filling has firmed up.
- Once the filling has set, your Halloween Chocolate Pies are ready to be served and enjoyed!