Plant Milk · Pulp Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Scones
Indulge in these delightful Blueberry Lemon Scones – a perfect blend of zesty lemon, juicy blueberries, and a sweet glaze.
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Zest of one lemon (plus a little juice if you want it extra lemony!)
- 75g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 45g dairy-free butter
- 80ml oat milk (freshly made with Milky Plant)
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 100g blueberries
For Lemon Glaze (optional):
- 100g icing sugar
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice (adjust to get the consistency you want)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (392°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest, and rub them together to release the lemony aroma.
- Add the self-raising flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add the dairy-free butter to the dry mixture and rub it in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a separate container, mix the oat milk with 1.5 tsp of lemon juice.
- Pour the oat milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together.
- Gently knead the blueberries into the dough, forming a thick disc.
- Place the dough disc on the prepared baking tray and cut it into wedges, separating them slightly.
- Bake the scones in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- If you choose to make the lemon glaze, mix together the icing sugar and 2-3 tsp of lemon juice until you achieve the desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones.