Plant Milk · Pulp Recipe
Coconut Loaf Cake
Indulge in our Coconut Milk Loaf - a moist tropical delight!
Pure paradise in every slice.
For the loaf:
- 180ml coconut milk (freshly made with Milky Plant)
- 110ml vegetable oil
- 75g coconut yogurt
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla (I used 1/2 tsp in the video as I was using vanilla bean paste)
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 210g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- 100g icing sugar
- 3-5 tsp coconut milk, as needed to get the desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf tin and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients for the cake.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and whisk together until only just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Make the glaze by mixing the sugar and milk together to achieve the desired consistency.
- Toast the coconut pulp until it dries out and is golden.
- Once the cake is cool, top it with the glaze and sprinkle over the toasted coconut.
- Enjoy your delicious coconut loaf!